So yesterday I was wearing this pretty scarf:
I recently took a liking to wearing scarves. I'm know I'm a little late to the scarf-wearing party, but ya know, that's just how I am when it comes to fashion :-) Better late than never right? But I digress...
So I was wearing the scarf! During the day I had been doing lots of laundry, some of which included the blankets Liam sleeps with at night. There was a soft, cuddly afghan, and a cozy argyle fleece blanket. I happened to wash and dry them with one the blankets from our bed which is a big warm microfleece blanket. Needless to say when I pulled them out of the dryer there was a whole lot of static cling going on.
I took the bundle of blankets up to Liam's room where I was going to pull them apart. I put them on the rocker and started by pulling the afghan out of the pile. When my arm brushed against my scarf I felt a little tingly electric shock. I was a little surprised but kept pulling. The more I pulled the more static noises I heard. Suddenly I felt little shocks and tingles running around my neck. It was like tiny little pricks of heat zapping every part of my neck at once. I threw the blanket down and pulled off my scarf. I immediately knew what the problem was. You see there are little, shiny metallic threads running all through my scarf and they were conducting the electricity around my scarf and zapping me in the process! It was the strangest feeling and one I hope not to repeat anytime in the near future!