Background

Friday, December 17, 2010

Frozen Chicken Broth Anyone??

So tomorrow is my office Christmas Party and I offered to make a pot of my mother-in-law's DELICIOUS potato soup for the occasion.  I will admit that due to multiple Christmas events in a short span of days I decided to buy a couple of bags of frozen vegetables rather than go fresh (Shhhh don't tell).  I also bought some chicken broth for the soup base.  When I got home I put the bag of veggies in the freezer and headed off to the Ionia County Republican Christmas Party/Meeting.  When I got home I got to work on the soup.  I went to grab the veggies from the freezer, lo and behold, there sits the chicken broth (random side note, every time I write the word broth, I actually write the word brother, because it's just what my fingers want to do, and I have to delete the -er).  And it was frozen. So I had to thaw my chicken broth before I could make the soup. Sometimes I'm really not sure where my brain goes....

2 comments:

  1. lol - I have put milk in the cereal cabinet before and it usually dawns on me as I am setting it down! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! As I read that comment I suddenly remembered that I left Candy Melts melted in a bowl in the microwave last night. At least Will's home and I can call him to have them put in the fridge :-)

    ReplyDelete